Sorry, this job is no longer available
Product Manager - Cosmetics
You will be responsible for developing the success of one of the leading cosmetics brands in the UK marketplace. Taking the lead for operational activity around the brand, you will support local strategy working with senior management based on your deep understanding of the market and your brand. You will be closely supported by your management team, usually reporting into a Senior Product Manager who will take more responsibility for long term strategy, media and overall direction for the brand. This is a full on product management challenge in a fast moving, creative and dynamic environment ideal for an entrepreneurial individual.
Key job accountabilities
* Commercial - Your challenge is to work closely with sales teams to beat commercial targets set for your brand. They will be relying on you in particular for marketing knowledge and support presenting to customers - effective Product Managers will form a close partnership with the sales team.
* Media - You will be involved in shaping one of the biggest media spends in the UK with extensive opportunities to contribute to online, TV, print, outdoor and in store campaigns. This is an ideal role to develop expertise with media with close support from your team.
* POS - Working closely with the visual merchandising team, you will create compelling in store theatre that results in consumers switching to your brands or maintaining their loyalty.
* Budget - With many brands carrying a budget of several million pounds, you will take on the responsibility of accurate budget management to maximise profitability.
* Strategy - You will enjoy frequent exposure to senior management and insight into decision making for the brand in the longer term. This will be an ideal platform for future strategy roles.
* Promotions - Each brand will respond differently to different promotional ideas, equally different retailers will support different promotional strategies. Your challenge is to ensure the right promotional mix for the brand to maximise commercial results.
* Operations - You will be responsible for working very closely with the supply chain team to ensure product availability and correct stock levels.
* Excellent eye for design and sensitivity to colour.
* Expertise in marketing equivalent to one or two years experience covering the full mix of brand management and in FMCG and / or Retail
* Experience in managing projects, ideally print production or point of sale projects to successful conclusion
* Capacity to deal effectively with a wide range of people and form effective working relationships
* Experience in presenting and communicating with expert audiences who can pose challenges
* Solid IT ability including good experience with Excel
What we look for
You set yourself demanding goals and demolish obstacles to achieve them, getting stuck in yourself as well. Focused on quality and attention to detail, you will not compromise standards. You probably think of yourself as an entrepreneur.
You define your own roles and constantly look for ways to exceed what has been asked. A passion for exciting projects gives you the energy to succeed in a flexible, high octane company.
You value innovation as a business strategy. You also try to keep up to the minute with current trends. Ultimately, you share our belief in flexibility as a way of life.
You feel that you have an aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
Passionate about beauty, you understand the importance of aesthetic quality and detail.
If you'd like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' or email your CV to email@example.com.