Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Product Manager
Position: Senior Product Manager – Consumer Digital EMEA
Where is it based? London
Who is my manager? Chief Product Officer
Who are we? Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role? The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle for our consumer digital products within EMEA. This includes gathering and prioritising product, business and customer requirements in consultation with editorial, business and regional stakeholders, defining the product deliverables, and working closely with in-house and external development teams, sales, marketing and support to ensure the product meets business and localisation needs.
What is my personal contribution? As your role will extend from enhancing the functionality of existing products to launching new products, you will be responsible for building products from existing ideas, and helping to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with the business, our customers and other stakeholders.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the gaps and problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- To develop strategic relationships with both customers and the sales team to ensure strong, trustworthy working relationships.
- To develop into a truly customer-facing advisor providing a high level of support to professionals in the financial services industry.
What are my accountabilities?
- Manage the product roadmap, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Deliver Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) with prioritised features and corresponding justification.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
- Undertake competitor analysis.
- Champion localisation and product innovation within the company.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute the roadmap.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product development.
- Acting as a co-ordinator and listening to needs and requests from our business and channelling these requests (mini-projects and small tasks) to other teams based internationally.
What do you need from me?
- Experience as a Product or Project Manager in a digital environment.
- Experience in localising products for regional markets.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree educated, or equivalent through experience.
- Knowledge of technology with experience in web and mobile products development.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Experience of working in international teams and in large matrix organisations.
- Be able to provide at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past.
What we offer? In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
How do you apply? If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to Emma Clifton by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted