Sorry, this job is no longer available
Highly respected creative agency, based in Manchester city centre, is looking for a web developer (front-end) with strong HTML, CSS and JQuery skills to join their digital team.
You will work amongst a team of highly talented digital designers and web developers, working across a range of interactive campaigns for a list of well-known brands. You will work on web builds, email marketing, social media and online advertising campaigns, across a range of predominantly B2C brands.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to hand-code HTML / CSS / JS that ensures cross-platform and cross-browser optimisation.
- Strong knowledge of creating standards compliant, accessible and semantic HTML5 websites.
- In depth knowledge of CSS (including CSS3) and how to use it to your advantage, including coding in a scalable and modular manor to create flexible and maintainable websites.
- Experience of building responsive websites, optimised for mobile & tablet devices.
- Ability to work from Photoshop/Illustrator files and create pixel accurate HTML/CSS code.
- A knowledge of browser quirks, including IE and how to address them.
- Ability to setup and configure web hosting and domain names using PLESK and cPanel.
- Exposure to PHP & MySQL, for example writing custom WordPress plugins, post types and taxonomies, & basic form handling.
- Ability to adhere to coding standards, for example, WordPress CSS Coding Standards
- Experience working with jQuery including AJAX
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly creative agency, with a lovely work-force and some brilliant clients.