Sorry, this job is no longer available
£23,000 - £27,000 + good career prospects and benefits
Who we are:
One of the UK's fastest growing online retailers of outdoor living products is seeking a passionate Web Developer to join our Web Team at this exciting time of growth.
We're an energetic and enthusiastic team which includes web development, online marketing and online merchandising, working from our Head Office at Green Park, Reading.
This is a fantastic time to join the company and make a difference from day one. As Web Developer you will actively contribute to development and design of our websites, marketing plans and materials, and building our brands in a rapidly developing online environment.
Your specific areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting the eCommerce Manager with day-to-day programming and bug-fixing tasks
- Implementing marketing materials, creation and manipulation of images, data manipulation through database queries or Excel, IT helpdesk, etc.
Ideall we are looking for someone with:
- Experience of working with PHP in a LAMP environment
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with HTML / CSS / MySQL / jQuery
- Hand-coding experience
- Experience of Magento or similar ecommerce platforms desirable
We want our candidates to be proactive and critical thinkers, with sound communication ability. Familiarity with web technologies is essential along with the knack for learning new systems quickly.
Your experience does not need to be from a commercial environment as the most important thing is that you’re web-savvy, bright and willing to learn.
Garden XL started in 2006 backed by an experienced garden centre retail team. We’re now a popular online destination for barbecues, garden furniture, wellies, christmas trees... and our horizons are expanding to shortly include a wider range of products.
Please click 'Apply now' to submit your covering letter and CV for this exciting opportunity.
Strictly no agencies
Please note we are only able to consider candidates who already have the right to work in the UK on a permanent basis.