Sorry, this job is no longer available
Marketing Services & Production Manager, Travel
Working closely with both the Marketing Manager and Sales Manager this role will be responsible for the planning, coordination, management and control of all the artwork provision, printing, distribution, advert supply, website and marketing email imagery, travel agency point-of-sale and promotional items, quality control, mail-shot and brochure dispatch processes within the company.
The Marketing Services & Production Manager will ensure that the required materials are produced efficiently and to the pre-agreed deadlines, whilst at the same time adhering to strict Marketing budgets and ensuring that right level of quality is maintained.
The person in this position will be an experienced manager used to organizing a large team of people together with a natural drive and enthusiasm to get the job done`. A broad understanding of the design and print industry, Apple Mac software, and mailing dispatch systems is also vital.
- Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Reviews staff performance constantly.
- Maintain a positive department attitude and ensures that all team members are aligned with the company strategy. Lead, mentor and develop all members of the Sales Support, Art working and Print Room Teams.
- Day to day planning of workloads to meet changing requirements of the business whilst ensuring regular tasks are completed in a timely fashion. Is responsible for working out the human and material resources required for each project
- Communicate effectively with the Sales Manager and Marketing Manager, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production deadlines and objectives are met.
- Supervise the teams within the Marketing Services & Production Department to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Plans, schedules, strategizes, and oversees all production activities while continually maintaining high levels of quality and service.
- Manages the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems including constant monitoring of production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the internal Mac systems and the interface between the Apple Macs and the Xerox printing systems. The ability to problem solve within this field is critical.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Print Room and Artworking equipment, and making recommendations for upgrades and improvements.
- Responsible print buying, stock management and quality control for all internal and external Marketing print, displaying strong purchasing and negotiating skills.
- Responsible for the supply of all required press advertisements to our newspaper partners, and managing the Sales Support team to maintain the accuracy of this output.
- Responsible for the production, formatting and dispatch of all company brochures.
- Responsible for the production and supply of all digital marketing artwork required by the Marketing Manager and the Webmaster.
- Responsible for all other art working and print as briefed by either the Sales Manager or the Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for the fulfillment and dispatch of the direct mail projects requested by the Marketing Manager, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed and training is completed and kept up to date.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and you will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of your role.
Work experience & education requirements:
- Several years experience within the field of Production Management within Print, Design and/or Direct Mail is essential.
- Educated to a degree standard, or qualified by experience within this field.
- Must be a self-motivated team player who builds strong relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of print buying
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent telephone manner is essential
- Attention to detail is a must
- Highly organized with the flexibility to meet changing priorities as demands dictate
- Flexible approach to working within a fast changing environment
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- As well as being expert with the operating systems of Apple Macs will also be PC literate - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ideally the candidate would have experience within the travel market or publishing.
- Strong leadership experience with an emphasis on empowerment and development
- Demonstrate an experience of dealing with staff performance and resource issues.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Hawker ASAP!
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.