Sorry, this job is no longer available
My client, a global leader in cutting edge technology, is looking for a PR Manager to join their corporate marketing team.
The main focus of the role is to provide general support for the PR team and their efforts to implement, manage and deliver the PR strategy and plan for the business, with particular focus on supporting the Mobile and IT divisions (Smartphones, Tablets, Print, Display and Note PC).
- To manage the day to day PR support across the Mobile and IT divisions.
- To develop good working relationships internally with the Vice-President of Mobile, Vice President of IT, general managers and product marketing teams
- To develop good working relationships with the trade, consumer lifestyle and technology press.
- Learn to work effectively for and within the PR team and the wider Corporate Marketing team
- Support the Head of PR and Events, working alongside two other PR Managers and Events Executive to develop and deliver the 2013 PR and Events plan and strategy for the three business divisions and the client as a whole
- Working with the Campaign Planning Team and PR agency to develop and deliver campaign plans and ideas to support new product launches and sponsorship platforms
- Drive coverage generating opportunities including features and comment pieces, potential interview and speaking opportunities for key product media spokespeople product and general managers in the Mobile and IT divisions
- Working with the agencies and other members of the PR team to support on press events including media dinners and hospitality, product launches and product showcases
- Work with PR agency and product managers to run an effective awards and reviews programme, meeting pre-agreed KPIs and circulating coverage generated
- With the other members of the PR team check and review all press releases (from PR agencies) and manage internal approval process
- Support across Mobile and IT trade shows including liaison with the PR agency and product marketing teams on the localisation of press releases, interviews and stand tours
- Develop close working relationship and liaise regularly with HQ PR/Corporate Communications team
- Liaise with the business product marketing managers, the other PR team and PR agencies to support the press office, particularly related Mobile and IT specific press enquiries
- Provide PR support to the business on various sponsorships across the key strategic platforms for 2013
Essential Hard Skills: .
- Educated to degree (or equivalent) level
- Previous PR experience, either agency or in-house (minimum 5 years)
- Proven experience in delivering high profiled PR campaigns and projects
- Good media relations skills with existing relationships in the technology trade, consumer trade, national and broadcast press
- Proficiency in writing the following materials: PR campaign plans, press releases, press statements, contact reports, monthly activity reports, coverage updates
- Good organisation and event management skills
- Ability to present information in a current, logical and accessible manner
- Ability to use PowerPoint and Excel
- Genuine interest in PR and communications
Essential Soft skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player
- Basic communications expertise, verbal and written
- The ability to articulate and communicate ideas in a range of styles to different audiences with varying PR knowledge and understanding
- Enthusiasm for technology and consumer PR
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.