Sorry, this job is no longer available
Strategy and Product Portfolio Manager
Strategy and Product Portfolio Manager
The Institute of Customer Service
The Institute is a not-for-profit membership body run on commercial lines, with a community of organisational and individual members from across the private, public and third sectors. We have approximately 26% of the FTSE 100 as members of the Institute.
What we do
The Institute is expert in all aspects of customer service and this is demonstrated through:
knowledge delivered through research, advice and networking; recognising customer service is a harder-edge business driver; providing evidence of value to members by demonstrating tangible benefits (i.e. research, case studies, white papers, talking in the language of business) demonstrating the impact of customer service and those involved in it across the service chain including internal customers organisational and individual professional development benchmarking customer service skills development qualifications and accreditation standard setting public policy development demonstrating how the world-class service model creates business differentiation.
A multi-faceted and stimulating role combining product management and high-value insight generation. Its main responsibilities are to manage a product and service portfolio across the full lifecycle, and to carry out environmental and competitor scanning to inform the portfolio development strategy and segmentation.
Please see full Job Description and Person Specification (download attachment) before applying.
Overall purpose of the role
Perform environmental and competitor scan to generate insight, identify gaps and inform the portfolio development strategy and segmentation of audiences. Own and manage the product and service portfolio on behalf of the business, including product launches, enhancements, in-life management, documentation, product performance and lifecycle.
Knowledge and skills required
- Project management skills, and virtual team management, particularly in delivery of product launches
- Defining customer experience for products and translating into operational plans
- Identifying and critically interpreting key signals and opportunities based on an informed understanding and analysis of the competitive and external environment
- Identifying and analysing sources of insight, communicating it to key audiences and using it to inform product development
- Able to think/execute and work across the whole marketing mix including product development, pricing, commercial management, campaign planning and execution, channels, sales enablement, online, PR
- Commercial acumen to understand costs and revenues associated with products, and identify opportunities to reduce costs and develop revenues
- Occasional travel to other locations will be necessary for business reasons
- Experience and knowledge of creating and maintaining products and value propositions through the whole product and service life-cycle
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- An appropriate Marketing or Business qualification and / or at least 3 years’ experience of product management in a B2B or B2C organisation including product launches, customer experience definition, product lifecycle management and analysis of product and market performance
- Creating and implementing portfolio strategy
- Creating market and competitor insight plans for senior teams
- Experience and use of segmentation models
- Management of and accountability for a portfolio P&L
- At least 3 years’ experience of supplier and partner management operating at a managerial level
- At least 2 years’ experience of influencing senior internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering parallel projects to time and budget in a virtual / matrix environment
The Marcomms team (5 people) works closely with other departments to provide an integrated and responsive service to Members from the moment of joining, and to deliver a range of high quality services and products. Marcomms develop new products and services to support our value proposition and manage our profile and internal/external communications. This includes marketing, competitor intelligence, product development, national events, online communications, industry magazine, campaigns, brand management and internal communications.
A world where excellent customer service is seen to make a credible impact on the performance of organisations, and where customer service is recognised as a profession and is respected and sought out by wider society.
The Institute of Customer Service is the first port of call on every aspect of customer service, delivering high quality tangible benefits to organisations, individuals and other stakeholders. As the professional body we are expert, and independent; benchmarking and setting standards so that our customers can improve their customers’ experiences and their business performance.
Our value proposition
The Institute of Customer Service delivers tangible benefits to organisations and individuals so that our customers can improve their customers’ experience and their own business performance.
The Institute uniquely combines the challenge and stimulation of working in a competitive commercial environment with the supportive and personal atmosphere of a small company that is closely connected to its customer base. We aim for excellence in all we do and we enable our people to deliver the best they can for our customers.
The reward package
Salary £45,000 per annum . 25 days’ holiday and other benefits. Office based in London (SE2) with occasional wider UK travel required.
Please send your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are right for the role, by 5.30 pm on Monday 26th November 2012. Applicants who have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.