Sorry, this job is no longer available
Deputy Editor (Chinese)
Deputy Editor (Chinese)(Ref: STRC-UW-AMS-DEC)
We are looking for a Deputy Editor for the Custom Publishing team to produce Chinese language magazines, reporting to the Chief Editor. The candidate must be willing and able to turn their hand to a wide range of subjects from the fashion, art and Culture, health and wellness, food and beverage, travel, lifestyle to the banking industry, features and book publishing. He or she is expected to have a strong network of contacts and freelancers, be able to generate interesting ideas as well as to adhere to tight deadlines
The Deputy Editor will work closely with colleagues of the Advertising and Marketing Services team to ensure smooth delivery of client projects. The candidate will also be responsible for the management of any number of glossy magazines, supplements and digital publications produced by the department.
- Help lead and motivate the editorial and production team in coming up with innovate ideas for stories and new Chinese language projects;
- Assist the Chief Editor in overseeing the paper’s Chinese language special reports, glossy magazines and custom publishing projects, as well as help with administrative duties;
- Edit and rewrite articles in Chinese;
- Lead content generation for relevant publications where necessary;
- Manage freelancers and contributors.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience at a reputable magazine or publishing house;
- Experience in glossy magazine production.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the Human Resources Division, Morning Post Centre, 22 Dai Fat Street, Tai Po Industrial Estate, New Territories, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark "Private & Confidential" and quote reference.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our Personal Information Collection Statement, a copy of which will be provided upon request sent to us at the address indicated above. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.