Sorry, this job is no longer available
Digital / UX Designer
My client is an exciting new business with a new concept for discovering, experiencing and buying art.
They are looking for a talented Digital / UX Designer to join their small team and to work with the current designer developing their website.
* Design creative and cutting edge solutions with the user in mind for key pages to the new site.
* Translate ideas and wireframes into visual mockups for new site features and enhancements that meet and exceed business objectives.
* Focus on creating solutions that are not only visually appealing but have metrics in mind, finding ways to improve conversion and reduce bounce rates throughout the user journey.
* Execute regular analysis of the user journey to suggest improvements and enhancements.
* Sensitivity to design that will work across multiple devices.
* Maintain and develop brand style guide lines.
* Design marketing emails.
* Design engaging editorial pages to inspire and persuade users to purchase.
* Work closely with the development team to ensure designs are translated to the live environment in their pixel perfect form.
* Develop new ideas and concepts for online initiatives.
* Collaborate with other Designers to maintain consistency through all areas of the site.
* Share knowledge on emerging technologies, user experience and visual design trends.
Essential Skills & Requirements
* 2-5 years online design experience with agency or ecommerce
* Must be able to clearly show examples of sites they have designed with strong attention to UX
* Fully proficient in CS5 Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop (flash is a bonus)
* Photo retouching skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven ability to see a task through to the end.
* Excellent work ethos and good timekeeping.
* Ability to work well as part of a small team under pressure.
* Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the site.
* Work to tight deadlines with a can do attitude.
* Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.