Customer Value Executive
Customer Value Executive
Where is it based? London
Who is my manager? Sales Director
Who are we? Synonymous with accuracy, integrity and trust, Dow Jones & Company is one of the most respected brands in providing news and business information world-wide.
What is the role? As a Customer Value Executive (CVE) your primary function will be to provide training to both new and existing clients on how to use the range of Dow Jones products. The CVE is a key role in the sales team by providing training and support with a focus on customer retention. In addition to this, the CVE will also identify business development opportunities, these could be new, cross-sell, or up-sell opportunities.
What is my personal contribution?
- To develop strategic relationships with both customers and the sales team to ensure strong, trustworthy working relationships.
- To develop into a truly customer-facing advisor providing a high level of support to professionals in the financial services industry.
What are my accountabilities?
- Provide initial and on-going training to users of the full range of Dow Jones products
- Make regular contact with clients via telephone calls, online trainings and on-site visits
- Expand usage of Dow Jones products by existing clients
- Highlight at-risk clients to sales and management and develop a strategy to retain revenue
- Liaise with sales, management and product teams with regards to reasons for risk, main problems encountered, product development ideas, etc.
- Identify potential up-selling opportunities within your client base and pass on any leads to sales colleagues
- Liaise with US, Continental European and Asian offices when necessary for global clients.
- Maintain customer details, record interaction with clients and training visits in the CRM; work as a team with CVEs in other offices, offering assistance/cover when needed
- Answer and resolve inbound phone calls and emails
What do you need from me?
- Proven experience in either a sales or sales support role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order for you to successfully position the value of Dow Jones products, build credibility and demonstrate business knowledge.
- High level of initiative and self motivation, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong focus and urgency for resolving partner/customer issues and building partner/customer loyalty.
- Ability to build and develop collaborative relationships
- Ability to prioritise account penetration/management activities to optimize sales productivity.
- Ability to stay informed and up to date on industry trends, the competition and changing technology to better understand customer opportunities
- Understanding of emerging technologies and industry standards is desirable
- Capability to readily adapt to change
- Degree level education is desirable but not essential
What we offer? In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company. Full training on the Dow Jones product range will be provided in addition to training on the markets in which we operate.
How do you apply? If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to Emma Clifton by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted Closing date: 21st September 2012
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones & Company (www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV;