Sorry, this job is no longer available
PR & Marketing Officer - Charity / Hospice
As a leading local charity in the West Midlands, this Hospice cares for local people living with a terminal illness, they are seeking an experienced PR & Marketing Officer.
PR & Marketing Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time – 37.5 per week
The charity wants to hear about you if you are an experienced, high calibre PR Officer who is an excellent writer and can manage and coordinate publicity projects and campaigns to an exceptional level.
Main purpose of role:
To support in building the Hospice brand. Principally to raise awareness of the Hospice and the palliative care services it provides for people and to engage with stakeholders and supporters so they help provide the financing for such services.
Key responsibilities include
- Initiating, planning and delivering PR and publicity campaigns,
- Managing the organisation’s social media,
- Organising PR events,
- Producing lively, interesting copy for press releases, feature articles and publicity material to suit a wide range of audiences,
- Organising press photo calls and taking high quality photographs,
- As well as identifying positive PR opportunities,
- Building relations relevant to the media
- You will also be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the production of flyers, posters, presentations and display boards for PR events and liaising with designers, printers and suppliers.
As a person, you will be a confident, motivated and committed individual with strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines. The role needs someone who can identify with the ethos of the third sector, social enterprise and palliative care.
The ideal candidate will be one who can hit the ground running and achieve maximum results. Ideally, you will have at least 2 years PR/Communications experience.
Closing date: 1st February 2013
TO APPLY AND FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Please click the apply button
- You will then be taken directly to the Employer’s website
- Once you have visited the Employer’s website, please follow their instructions on how to complete the application
- Please note the job board may ask to upload your CV to register, but you will be required to complete an application form from the Employer’s website.
Please note that applications must be made via application form, as CV’s will not be considered.
No agencies please.