Sorry, this job is no longer available
Digital Communication's Manager,Charity,£35k
During 2013 the Digital Communications Manager will plan and project-manage a redevelopment of the website, including integration with the CRM database.
- Identifying, understanding and meeting the needs of internal customers and other partners.
- Managing and developing the content and design of the websites to support the business
- Copy-editing and producing website updates as required acting as the
main point of contact for all digital activities.
- Managing and developing e-communications to customers; ensuring e-communications meet commercial and communications needs, are planned, and effectiveness is measured.
- Contributing to presence within social media to support the business strategy, working with other members of the communications team to develop strategies for LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social media sites. Moderating forums and LinkedIn groups for tone, relevance and consistency.
- Working closely with the Publishing Manager and the senior management team to develop opportunities to generate revenue both directly (eg advertising) or indirectly (eg membership, training, qualifications, events) from the websites. Managing any additional commercial sites/microsites such as a recruitment websites.
- Leading on ongoing web content projects, and managing relationships with external suppliers (eg webagencies and consultancies) effectively.
- Preparing, managing and developing the web and e-communications budgets.
- Maintaining the integrity of the websites by providing relevant training and ensuring that only
- competent and approved persons update the websites.
- Maintaining and reporting monthly website statistics, analysing trends and extrapolating future websites requirements by analysing current audience activities.
- Developing effective and positive relationships with all other departments, and the Communications and IT teams in particular.
Skills specific to the post:
- Ability to maintain and develop websites effectively
- Ability to manage relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers effectively
- Budget management
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques, and demonstrated ability to project manage
- Knowledge of online trends
- Ability to harness web 2.0 technologies
- Drive to challenge legacy and tradition, and to contribute to the overall strategy for continuous
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Qualifications and experience:
- Robust experience as online content writer/editor, with experience of using an enterprise-level CMS such as Episerver, Sharepoint or RedDot
- Experience in developing strategic web solutions including planning and launching new websites
- Experience of working with website analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Evidence of previous successful management of websites
- Experience of website marketing techniques, including SEO and email marketing best practice
- Experience of conducting online marketing campaigns on email platforms such as dotMailer or Informz
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, with advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Experience of using WordPress and social media platforms such as HootSuite Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.