Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Front-end Developer
Senior Front-end Developer required to join a forward thinking creative agency based in Beaconsfield. This is your chance to work in a highly collaborative environment and work closely with the internal digital designers and developers, thus making it imperative that you have a strong digital design background.
This growing agency currently employs over 50 professionals across client services, creative and technical teams. Together, they work on brand development and communications: integrated marketing, and lead generation.
This organisation also develop and maintain their own software, whilst working alongside some of the biggest players within the Technology and Telco space.
Role and responsibilities
As a Front End Developer, your main responsibility will be the production, revision and maintenance of websites, emails and web applications’ user interfaces.
You will work closely with designers and developers – using HTML/XHTML/CSS and others – to turn existing flat Photoshop/Illustrator designs into working web content.
On smaller projects, you will also be required to work independently as the sole developer/designer. On larger projects, you will collaborate with Back End Developers to help implement their server-side tasks.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate a clear passion for Front End Development, and the ability to enthuse others about its value and importance to digital design and user experience (UX).
You will be expected to:
• Grow and share your knowledge of industry developments and emerging technologies
• Provide accurate timing estimates for projects
• Contribute at an early stage to pitches, briefings and other projects
• Train and advise other staff, including designers and account managers
• Recommend and discuss solutions with the creative department
• Bring new ideas and thinking to the agency, and apply best practice to drive the quality of our digital output
Skills and experience required
• Excellent HTML/XHTML and CSS programming skills
• Confidence and proficiency with emerging web technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience of building cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions, including cross-browser testing
• Attention to detail and an understanding of user experience (UX)
• An interest in social media and technological trends
Preference will be given to candidates with the following, useful skills:
• Experience of version control systems (SVN, Git)
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and documentation techniques (Agile)
• Understanding of back end programming languages (PHP, Ruby/RoR, ASP.NET, JAVA) and MVC patterns
• Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
• An interest in web accessibility and usability
• Familiarity with Wordpress theme development
• Good working knowledge of mobile web development
**Please note that this role will initially be based in Beaconsfield, with a move to new offices in Marlow March/April 2013**