Sorry, this job is no longer available
Advertising and Fundraising Officer
We're proud to be recognised as one of the best Students' Unions in the UK and the ifrst to be awarded Investors in People Gold. Our mission is simple: to help our 11,000 student members love their time at the University of Essex. This exciting role includes:
* Management responsibility for maximising the Students' Union's advertising and fundraising income, in order to help fund our mission of positively affecting the life of every University of Essex student.
* Managing and developing a portfolio of advertising and marketing opportunities offered through the Students' Union (including events, online, print and ambient media) and making sure that these meet the needs of our dynamic student membership
* Building and developing long-term advertising partnerships with local, regional and national organisations
* Leading on the identification of new sources of funding for the Studetns' Union, including working with staff members and Student Officers to develop and submit successful funding applications
* Developing sponsorship opportunities on behalf of the Students' Union, including through the Union's sports clubs and societies
* Maximising fundraising and sponsorship opportunities around the Union's key student events, including the Summer Ball, Winter Fair and the 50th Anniversary celebrations in 2014-15.
* Developing an increased, positive profile for the Students' Union in the local and regional media and community through the development of effective PR and stakeholder engagement
* Working with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Team on the development and delivery of the Union's marketing strategy, brand development and other key marketing projects as required.
* Maintaining excellent working relationships wtih all Officers, Staff Members and Volunteers across the Students' Union
* Responsible for all adminstration functions related to the role
* Responsible for setting and monitoring budgets and achieving all targets related to the role
To join us on this adventure click the apply button and apply online at www.essexstudent.com/jobs
Closing date for applications: 22 March 2013