Sorry, this job is no longer available
Junior Web Tools Developer
Junior Web Tools Developer - Leading Gaming Company - £18.5-24k DOE - London
My client is a world recognised video gaming company. The web developer will deliver internal web-based workflow management tools under a lead web developer.
- Work closely with the Network Operations team to design and architect tools solutions to meet the requirements of the business.
- Develop robust internal web based tools that are intuitive and easy to use at all levels within the team, as well as business user.
- Working in sprints, plan and develop chunks of functionality that can be rolled out on a regular basis (2-3 weeks).
- Using user stories, work with Consultants to build test cases.
- System testing.
- Fully plan and manage the deployment of tool updates into production.
- Ensure rollback plans are built-in and viable, offer technical support on any applications developed by the team.
- Plan and build a Disaster Recovery plan for all applications, including regular backup solution.
* Good understanding and some experience of QA, and UAT testing.
* Good Linux/Unix platform skills
* Experience building tools in order to reduce operational efforts.
* Experience within a digital / media / online service environment.
* Good knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks (Zend, codeigniter etc)
* An understanding of APIs and how to implement them.
Qualifications / Education:
* Degree educated or equivalent.
Skills / Knowledge:
* Good level of technical understanding of web technologies, architecture and best practice.
* An understanding of Content Management Systems and how they drive web applications.
Competencies / Behaviours:
* Keen learner, willing to adapt to new technologies.
* Analytical thinking & decision making ability in a complex online environment.
* Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills, flexibility and adaptability.
* Strong customer focus within a service delivery environment.
* Good communication and relationship building skills.
* Ability to judge a situation in order to decide what course of action should be followed.
* Ability to work alone (self-motivated) or as part of a team.
* Organised self-starter, with drive and commitment. Able to work with little supervision.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other business units in order to achieve common objectives.
* Demonstrable ability to prioritise work and manage multiple demands.