Sorry, this job is no longer available
Director of Brand Marketing and Hilton Brand Marketing, EMEA
This position at Hilton Worldwide is responsible to develop and execute the Hilton Brand marketing strategy for EMEA taking into account the overall EMEA Marketing and Global Hilton Brand relevant marketing objectives. The role also includes the supervision and co-ordination of the other brands marketing leaders (3) in EMEA and two supporting functions for all brands.
What will I be doing?
- Develops the overall marketing strategy in line with global brand strategies and EMEA Marketing Objectives in coordination with the VP Marketing Full Service
- Develops and executes annual internal and external advertising and online strategy and media plan for the Hilton brand in EMEA
- Develops partnership strategy for EMEA for Hilton brand in concert with functional lead and global partnership strategy
- Maximise Brand Equity / Brand Asset Value and Brand Energy for the Hilton brand among consumers, business-to-business customers and Team Members
- Retain and grow Share of Wallet among core Hilton customer segments, including Hilton HHonors members
- Leverage Hilton distribution channels for distribution cost control, customer engagement and customer insulation
- Leverage marketing partnerships on behalf of strategic and tactical marketing objectives
- Optimise investment of Hilton marketing funds on behalf of the enterprise and in support of the other Core Strategic Goals
- Creates and manages the Brand Marketing media budgets, to ensure that the budget is invested effectively and not exceeded. Includes active management of online spend and reporting process to ensure online goals are achieved and investment is optimized
- Facilitate in-market marketing and promotion material for Hilton brand in EMEA
- Directs the grouping and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources
- Ensures communication plan as established by department head is properly executed
- Oversee and evaluate business process to maximize efficiency within department.
- Manage the cross-functional links between Brand Marketing EMEA, Partnership & Loyalty, Marketing Operations, Regional Marketing & Operations and Regional Brand Heads.
- Implements direction by executive management to ensure overall strategic direction of marketing and agency teams is consistent with and supported by HR, Legal & Finance
- Develops highly strategic communications plans of key messages to internal stakeholders that include company and regional executives to hotel team members.
- Directs the development and administration of EMEA Hilton brand marketing.
- Directs the planning, development and implementation of EMEA communications effectiveness research as needed in support of core marketing goals.
- Provides direction and directives to various internal marketing teams in EMEA as relates to Hilton Brand Marketing which can include advertising, promotions, web site and channel/distribution, team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and achieving management objectives
- Executes directives of organisations mission, goals, objectives and demonstrates thorough ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership
- Conducts effective management of third party partners.
- Manages effective entertainment partnerships for Hilton brand in EMEA.
- Manages Hilton brand EMEA advertising and media budget.
- Manage and support the Brand leads for the other Brands of the EMEA portfolio.
- Ensures appropriate talent is identified in compliance with department staffing plan.
- Develops current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Determines staffing needs and oversees the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of departmental team members.
- Works with direct reports and supporting HWW functions on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives and their own career objectives.
- Directs and implements proper controls to ensure that brand revenue and channel goals are achieved and that the traditional brand marketing budget is maximized.
- Implements and maintains systems to provide hotel and regional level resources gated access for approved branded collateral for sales flyers, print and broadcast needs.
- Translates organisational goals and objectives into performance standards for division, departments and individual positions
- Assesses actual performance against standards to determine whether the department is on target to reach its goals and takes corrective actions as necessary
- Ensures business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan
- Establishes and enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company
- Ensures return on investment of traditional marketing initiatives.
- Monitors return on invested capital and time resources.
- Evaluates traditional marketing works within targeted markets.
- Ensures return on invested capital and time resources.
- Works within established departmental budget.
- Reviews and makes appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and excellent written communication skills.
- The ability to analyze departmental financial data as required in order making strategic and tactical decisions.
- The ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- The ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- The ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others
- The ability to evaluate and identify opportunities from a strategic perspective, including ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet organisations core strategic goals.
- Proficient skills in traditional advertising processes for creative development and media management
- The ability to assimilate new concepts and practices into position and the department and provide effective training to subordinates for on-the-job training, policies and procedures, departmental training topics and professional development.
- An understanding of the principles and practical application of branding, positioning and differentiation.
- Budget development and management skills
- Knowledge of business mathematics and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
- The ability to work independently and manage the independent work of other team members as appropriate
- The ability to provide effective performance feedback to subordinates and work to ensure the peak productivity of the department and all reports, direct or indirect.
- A self-starter with high integrity and personal standards with the drive and determination to succeed
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented
- Analytical, investigative and solution oriented to all problem resolution
- Excellent influencing skills and an ability to gain buy in from all relevant stakeholders
- A strong, pro-active team player who has managed teams
- An ability to innovate and delegate implementation