Sorry, this job is no longer available
User Interface Developer
Reporting to the User Interface Development Team Lead and based in our Ealing office, you will work within the Global Research Technology - STMS (Scientific, Technical, Medical & Scholarly) User Interface Development team. You should be comfortable working both independently and as part of a multifunctional project team including application developers, architects and user experience analysts.
- User Interface Development -My clientrequires a UI developer who is comfortable using an AGILE approach and has the experience to be able to contribute to day-to-day implementation decisions. A developer who can rapidly absorb business and technical requirements, envisage the scenario and propose a solution in a way that can be understood by stakeholders.
- Tech Solutions - The UI development landscape is fast changing, we need someone who can keep up with trends and relevant industry news. This might include new browser releases, framework releases or W3C specification updates. The UI developer is encouraged to recommend and where appropriate, implement the adoption of cutting edge technologies to Wiley business stakeholders.
The ideal User Interface Developer candidate for this London basedmedia businesswill be able to communicate and understand solutions with server side developers. A strong understanding of server-side development and design patterns is essential and previous experience working closely with developers in a Java environment is desired.
The selection criteria for this role includes
- Previous experience with templating languages such as Velocity or Freemarker
- Standards-compliance enthusiast
- Accessibility and usability centred
- Comprehensive knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Experience developing with an Agile approach
- Experience of developing a high transaction website
- An IT related degree (or equivalent) would be highly desirable.
My clientis looking for a User Interface Developerto joina leading global publisher providing print and online content and services for worldwide academic, professional, scientific, technical, medical, scholarly and consumer markets.It is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce and fostering a work environment in which all colleagues are valued and can enjoy professional success. The company is frequently honoured for its sustained financial success and unique culture by leading publications, government agencies, and organizations around the world.
£45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We willWhere specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPBB13333125
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.