Sorry, this job is no longer available
Brand Strategy Director
Brand Strategy Director
£80K-£110K + Benefits + Generous Bonus
Strong strategic thinkers with both hands-on line marketing management and brand & marketing consulting experience needed now for these fantastic opportunities to get into the world of strategic marketing consultancy in an award-winning, fast-growth firm based in the London area. Our client is keen to build its team and is one of the few in this arena which is keen to hire client-siders as well as people with consulting experience. In this senior role, you will be managing consulting projects & tasks with major clients across different industries including FMCG, financial services, retail and telecoms with a focus around 3 key areas:
* Brand: Growth Strategies, Brand Positioning, Innovation, Brand Missions, Shopper Marketing, Nudge Activation.
* Marketing Knowledge: Insight Distillation, Knowledge Squeeze, Metrics that Matter, Motivation Mapping.
* People: Mind-set Change, Competency Framework and Skill Build.
With a clear focus on helping clients transform their marketing strategies through the above areas, our client brings together the latest and best understanding about human behaviour and motivation and turns it into practical marketing decisions and actions. In this role, your remit will include:
* Working alongside the senior team to build, manage and extend relationships with clients. This will demand an ability to engage and influence senior managers, typically Marketing Directors and VP level.
* Delivering outstanding consulting outcomes for clients, delivering our marketing approaches to help them unleash the potential of their marketing.
* Playing a leading role in new business generation both within existing clients and attracting new clients through building and maintaining an effective network.
* Managing a consulting team - coaching and mentoring individuals to create great outputs and client relationships, effectively and efficiently.
* Making a significant contribution to the development of the company’s direction, turnover and profitability.
Our Ideal Candidate
An exceptional senior marketing leader with at least 15 years’ experience, much of it in senior marketing positions in blue chip companies recognised for their marketing excellence AND ideally experience working in a senior client facing role in a consulting company too, you’ll be looking for a new challenge. Although ability is more important than background, you will have been immersed in brand issues and marketing decision making with practical experience across all areas of the mix from positioning and innovation to insight, strategy and communications. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
* Outstanding intellectual abilities and high emotional intelligence
* An ability to work brilliantly with people and inspire them
* A track record of success managing multiple levers of brand and business growth
* The ability to juggle multiple large-scale projects in a very fast-moving environment.
* Commercial savvy with strong analytical, creative and strategic skills
* A passion for brands and understanding customer behaviour
* Personal gravitas, high energy, personal confidence and outstanding communication skills
* A global outlook, having worked on international business a willingness to travel the glob as and if required for projects
* Familiarity with latest thinking impacting marketing today -Behavioural economics, Big Data, Neuroscience and Social/ Digital marketing
* Ability to motivate and coach teams, providing direction and prioritising team goals and workload
Our client, founded in 2010, is a fast-growing consultancy with a highly experienced team. With over 30 consultants - all former senior marketers or agency planners, it works for more than 25 of the world’s largest & best companies advising their most senior marketing management. With a unique approach to its work and on a fast-growth trajectory, it has huge growth ambitions and is keen to attract the brightest and the most creative to its team.
Tarsh Lazare is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail or call one of the team now on 020 7566 9890.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.